Overview of EasyPay
EasyPay Finance is a fast-growing financial services technology firm established in 2001. We assist merchants in the automotive services, furniture, and other various retail sectors to meet the financing needs of their customers. Headquartered in San Diego County, California, the EasyPay Finance program is currently offered in 50 states where we are working diligently to provide our clients and their customers with a superior product and experience. We are committed to empowering our dedicated employees, by providing competitive compensation, benefits, and incentives. When you join our company, you become part of a focused team that works collaboratively to be the best in a fast paced and emerging market.
As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for facilitating the scrum process as practiced by the EasyPay development team. This includes coordinating daily scrums, sprint planning, backlog grooming, as well as providing visibility to the progress and performance of the group. You will also lead scrum teams that are focused on designing, developing, formally validating, and deploying web and mobile software features. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, independent and excel in fast-paced environments.
At EasyPay, you will have the opportunity to learn and be encouraged to make significant contributions to our dynamic and growing company.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate, organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies including standup, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective, demos
- Coach/teach and enforce agile principles to team
- Encourage cross functional development process by organizing stories taking UX, Test, and Software development into account.
- Work with product owners and development teams to organize scope and plan release versions
- Help manage the product backlog including epics/stories/tasks/tickets. Coordinate with the product owner
- Develop and maintain story readiness checklist and employ to ensure that stories are fully baked prior to scheduling for sprint planning
- Prepare backlog for upcoming sprints
- Track and remove project impediments
- Track and forecast team velocity
- Increase team efficiency and creativity to ensure deliverables
- Create useful, reliable, and practical plans for software development projects
- Work with team to manage outside distractions to complete project in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate changes to key stakeholders that will ensure quality and timeline
- Guide team on self-organization
- Facilitate discussions and decision making among teams
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Understand technical aspects to spot gaps in design.
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- A positive approach to people and problem solutions along with a strong sense of discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Expert at estimating, scoping, and sprint planning.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience preferred.
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM) preferred.
Employee will be required to work a minimum of forty (40) hours of per week, Monday - Friday, or as many hours as it may take to perform above job duties. Schedule may vary based on business demands and may require a combination of office hours as well as work performed after hours and/or weekends.
All applicants must reside in and be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- #1 Benefit is the people and our great company culture
- Full health benefits – Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Policy
- Generous PTO package and holiday pay
- 401(k) programs
EasyPay is an Equal Opportunity Employer!